Yume-Kaze Plaza – The place for appreciating Nara’s food and culture
- Nara’s representative food and goods
- All kinds of dining and shopping options await you: Japanese cuisine and sweets using pure Yoshino kudzu starch and a variety of local ingredients, authentic Italian cuisine in the old massive samurai residence setting, a café with an open-air terrace seats with superb view of Todai-ji Temple (World Heritage) and Mount Wakakusa, and shops offering traditional Japanese sweets, hand-woven linen textile goods, Nara’s locally brewed sake, and traditional local vegetables.
- Feel slow time flow of Nara with all five senses
- Feel slow time flow of Nara and use all five senses to enjoy this special city. Fun welcome plan and event are often presented at Yume-Kaze Plaza: music & live event, beer garden, marche (market), book reading, etc.. Yume-Kaze Plaza is a “plaza” for everyone, both locals and tourists to relax and enjoy cultural exchange.
Surrounded by the World Heritage Sites and full of history of the old capital
- Superb view beyond expectation
- “Yume-Kaze Plaza”, located in Nara Park, is situated in the center of Nara’s tourist highlights, just next to Todai-ji Temple. The area is surrounded by many UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Kasuga Grand Shrine, Primitive Forest of Mount Kasuga, Kofuku-ji Temple, Shoso-in Repository and Gango-ji Temple) as well as other cultural highlights, such as Nara National Museum and Isui-en Garden.
One of the most attractive points of Yume-Kaze Plaza is a superb view. Magnificent view of Mount Wakakusa, Nara Park, Mount Mikasa, Mount Tamuke, and Tobihino Hill show seasonal beauty in each season.
- History of the old capital still alive
- There used to be headquarters office of the Oda-gumi Corporation on the site Yume-Kaze Plaza locating today. Founded in 1830, Oda-gumi has developed with the city of Nara as a construction company. Old headquarters building and other wooden one-story buildings were renovated in this spacious site (about 8,000 square meters). Entering a narrow lane, walking under the eaves of classical Japanese buildings, crossing in a Japanese garden, and walking through the corridor with pillars which is representative old Japanese architecture design. Yume-Kaze plaza consists of more than a dozen of Japanese buildings. Every time you take a turn, there will be new encounters with people and shops. Be a traveler and enjoy strolling around this unique shopping and dining complex. Yume-Kaze Plaza will always let you discover new entertainment and amusement.